The Reality of Bible and Christianity
You discuss about religion with a Christian and they will go straight to the Bible. They will try to prove it to you the concept of the ‘Original Sin’, ‘Trinity’ and also the concept of the ‘Ransom Sacrifice’ from the Bible. In other words, you have to have faith in the Bible even before you become a Christian. Ask a Christian for the logical proof behind the concept of the ‘Original Sin’, ‘Jesus being the Son of God’ and the concept of the ‘Ransom Sacrifice’ without referring to the Bible.
One does not need to go through the Bible to prove the existence of God. One does not need to go through the Bible to believe in the Day of Judgement and life after death. One does not need to go through the Bible to understand the Justice of God, etc.
But talk about Trinity, Original Sin and Ransom Sacrifice and all of sudden they become UNIQUE and beyond our understanding. If these are not dogmas and blind beliefs what else are they?
Let’s face it that if one were to believe in the Bible as a word of God, then why would they bother to discuss religion in the first place! And at the same time if one were to believe in their own ‘Holy Book’ as a word of God, then Muslims believe in their own Holy Book, the Holy Qur’an as a word of God, and of course their Fundamentals are based on logic and common-sense.
Unlike the Christians, Muslims open their discussion with the need of religion. They then discuss the Fundamentals of Islam one by one. These fundamentals are based on logic, commonsense and also supported by their Holy Book, the Qur’an.
1. What is the meaning of Trinity and can this be explained or understood absolutely logically? The Bible tells us nothing about this.
2. There have been many prophets before the coming of Jesus, e.g. Noah, Abraham, David, Solomon, Moses and many in between. Who were all these prophets, i.e. what was their religion and what were their teachings?
3. We all know that Jesus was born of Mary the virgin. He had no biological father and his birth was a miracle in itself. Yet the Bible shows us two different genealogies of Jesus through Joseph. Is there any sense in manufacturing genealogies for a person like Jesus who had no biological father?
4. It is believed that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. What does the word ‘BEGOTTEN’ mean? How many sons have God? PS Exod. 4:22; 1 Chron. 22:10; Psalms 2:7 & Luke 3:38
5. It is believed that every human being born in this world is a born sinner. S/he inherits the sin of our first parents Adam and Eve. Is there any sense or justification in accusing the entire generation of Adam and Eve as sinners, the sin that they themselves [the generation] never committed? The Bible preaches us contrary to this indoctrination. PS Ezek. 18:19-20; Jer. 31:29-30 & Luke 1:14 - 15
6. It is believed that Jesus died for our sins. We fail to see how the suffering and death of one man can wipe out the sins of others. It sounds something like a physician breaking his head to cure the headache of his patients. The idea of substitutionary or vicarious sacrifice is illogical, meaningless and unjust. How about the redemption of those who were born and died before the coming of Jesus? Above all, the Old Testament tells us nothing about the so-called ‘ransom sacrifice’.
7. Was Jesus crucified or hanged on a tree? PS Acts 5:30; 13:29 and Gal. 3:13.
8. It is a fact that Apostle Paul was a persecutor whose hands were stained with innocent blood. In the light of Matth. 7:15-20, how can such a person be appointed and accepted as an apostle?
9. Study Mark 14:32-40 very carefully. Do you see how disobedient are Peter and John to Christ? Could such people (who did not obey the repeatedly given order of Jesus in such grave situation) give any importance to his words at other times? PS Math. 26:56. How can one be sure that they remained firmly on right path during the bitter persecutions of the first century of Christian era?
10. Study Math. 5:17-20 carefully. The Bible also says that Jesus was circumcised, observed Sabbath on Saturdays and never touched pork, but looking at the so-called followers of Jesus today, they are going in the opposite direction. One wonders who are they following and on whose authority?
11. Read Math. 15:4 -5 and 12:46-50. Do you really believe that Jesus could have behaved in such a manner towards his mother?
12. Please read Ezek. 23-Two adulterous sisters.
13. Read Gen. 9:20-21 and 19:30-38. This is what alcohol is! Yet what was the first miracle Jesus performed? Please see John 2:1-10.
14. GOD IN BIBLE: God regrets-Gen. 6:6; Jealous God-Exod. 20:5; Refreshing God-Exod. 31:18.
15. The Catholics have a different Bible to the Protestants. The Jehovah’s Witnesses have their own Holy Scriptures. One wonders which is the authentic one and it’s logical proof.
16. Was the Bible written by Jesus himself? Or with his authority? Or during his lifetime? Or by his contemporaries? Does the Bible contain any chapter under the title of Jesus himself or his mother? [Gospel according to Jesus or Mary]. One wonders what status has the so-called ‘Word of God’ given to these two prominent personalities? It is a fact that the word ‘BIBLE’ appears nowhere in the Bible itself. There are chapters in the Bible ‘according to’. Surely these are neither the words of God Himself nor of Jesus or of those to whom these chapters are attributed!
17. How accurate or reliable is the Bible? Please compare the following verses:-
Sam 24:1 with 1 Chron. 21:1 1 Kings 7:26 with 11 Chron. 4:5
Sam 24:13 with 1 Chron. 21:11 1 Kings 4:26 with 11 Chron. 9:25
Sam 10:18 with 1 Chron. 19:18 Math. 27:44 with Luke 23:39
Kings 24:8 with 11 Chron. 36:9 Acts 9:3-9, 22:6-9 and 26:13-14
18. Read the following very carefully:
Matth. 10:5 “Go nowhere among the Gentiles, and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
Matth. 15:22-26 “And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and cried, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, son of David, my daughter is severely possessed by a demon.” But he did not answer a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, “send her away for she is crying after us.” He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” But she came and knelt before him. Saying, “Lord, help me.” And he answered, “It is not fair to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs.”
The above mentioned verses are clear evidence that Jesus was sent only for the house of Israel and not for anyone else.
It is believed that God created Adam after his own image. What was common between God and Adam?
Jer. 13:23 ‘Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard his spots?’ Think very carefully what is God trying to tell the black people.
1 Cor. 14:34-35 “As in all the churches of the saints, the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak…”
So much of the status of women in Christianity!
The son of God (Jesus) had some kind of complexion. His complexion must obviously be the same as his father (God). Jesus was born as a Jew and therefore had Jewish inclinations.
Is this not a starting point of creating some kind of complex amongst the human race?
Is it not surprising to see the whites (Europeans) colonising Africa and India as a result of this self-created superiority complex?
Jesus was neither white nor European. He was not born in Europe either. He came only for the house of Israel. Yet the Christian centre was moved to Rome.
It is true that Jesus is one of the five prominent prophets. He was infallible and perfect being. But he is not an ideal example for mankind to follow because his life was incomplete. HOW?
1. Jesus never got married. If we were to follow his example, mankind would become extinct.
2. He had a mother but no father. One can understand the relationship between a mother and a son from his life, but not between a father and a son.
3. He is not an ideal example for married couple.
4. He had no children and therefore the role of fatherhood was missing
5. He was not a warrior and therefore we cannot learn how to fight a holy war from his life.
6. He was not a statesman and therefore the role of a politician was missing from his life.
It is said that God created man after His own image. One wonders what does this mean. Adam sinned. He was mortal. What kind of resemblance did Adam have with God?
DID JESUS EVER SAY THAT HE WAS GOD?
WHERE WAS JESUS BEFORE HE WAS BORN AND WHAT WAS HE?
DID JESUS EVER SAY TO WORSHIP HIM OR HIS MOTHER?