Hold fast by Allah for protection from all kinds of evil
This means to hold fast by God for protection from all kinds of evil. Islam, while enjoining us to endeavour in pursuing our affairs, recommends clinging to Allah.
1. Allah the Most High said: “O people, surely there has come to you manifest proof from your Lord and We have sent to you a clear light. Then as for those who believe in Allah and hold fast by Him, He will cause them to enter into His mercy and grace and guide them to Himself on a right path.”
2. He also said: 'Therefore keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and hold fast by Allah; He is your Guardian; how excellent the Guardian and how excellent the Helper!”
3. He also said: “And whoever holds fast to Allah, he indeed is guided to the right path.”
4. Imam 'Ali (a.s.) the Commander of the Faithful said: “He who holds fast to Allah, He will save him.”
5. He (a.s.) also said: “He who holds fast to Allah, no devil can harm him.”
6. Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq (a.s.) said: “Any servant of Allah who is attentive to what Allah requires of him to do, Allah will be attentive to his demands; and he who holds fast to Allah, He will give him shelter; and he who has chosen Allah for his helper and shelter will not care about anything, even if the sky falls on the earth, or an epidemic disaster comes to the people. Thus he will be under Allah's protection against all afflictions for his piety; 'Surely those who guard (against evil) are in a secure place.'”
 The Qur’an 44:51.