Greed is an offence, which brings abjectness and sin.
1. Imam 'Ali (a.s.) the Commander of the Faithful said: “Greed is the key to trouble and carries man to hardship. It causes him to commit sin.”
2. He (a.s.) also said: “Greed is a sign of the wretched.”
3. He (a.s.) also said: “Greed brings abjectness and adversity.”
4. Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (a.s.) said: “The example of those who are greedy for this world is like the example of silkworms. The more they add to themselves the more difficult is their escape, until they die of grief.”
5. Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq (a.s.) said: “The greatest wealth is that of those who are free from greed.”