Leader of the Women of Paradise
Born: Friday 20th of Jamadi-ul-Akhar in Mecca
Father's Name: Holy Prophet Muhammad Ibn-e-Abdulla (PBUH)
Mother's Name: Khadija bint-e-Khuwailid
Died: 3rd Jamadi-al-Thani at Medina at the age of 18 years (due to injury inflicted upon her through force of a falling door by a hypocrite).
Buried: The cemetery of Jannatul Baqi at Medina
Hazrat Fatima (A.S.) in the Holy Quran
Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth; a likeness of His light is as a niche in which is a lamp, the lamp is in a glass ....
[ 25 : 35 ]Ibn al Maghazli al Shafi'i has related that the niche means Hazrat Fatima ( A.S.), the lamp means Hasan ( A.S.) and Hussain ( A.S.) .....
Give the kinsman his due .... [ 17 : 26 ]
Commentators have written that when this verse was revealed the Holy Prophet ( S.A.W. ) asked the Angel Gibrael : Who are the kinsmen and what is their due ? The Angel replied : Give Fidak to Fatima(A.S.) for it is her due, and whatever is due to Allah and the Prophet out of Fadak, that also belongs to her, so entrust it to her also. Thereupon the Holy Prophet called Fatima ( A.S. ) and wrote the deed of gift, giving Fadak to her.
Tafseer Durre Mansoor ( Volume 4 page 177 )
It is Allah's wish to remove all blemish from you, O Ahl al Bayt, and purify you with a perfect purification. [ 33 : 33 ]
Al Tirmizi, Ibn Manthoor, Al Hakim, Ibn Mardawaih and Al Bayhaqi in his Sunan, all recorded the report of Umme Salemah, wife of the Prophet ( S.A.W. ) in which she said :
Im my own house the Quranic verse : Certainly God wants to keep away all abominitions from you .... Ali Fatima, Al Hassan and Al Hussein were at my house. The messenger of God covered them with a garment and then said : These are the members of my House. God keep away abomination from them and make them pure and spotless.
Sahih al Tirmizi, Volume 5 page 328 Hadith no. 3875
And whoever disputes with thee concerning him after the inspired knowledge which has been given untoo thee, tell him :
' Come, let us call our sons and your sons; our women and your women; and ourselves and yourselves; then let us pray and invoke Allah's curse upon those who lie. [ 3 : 61 ]
When the above verse came down ( at the time of debate between the Messenger and the Christians from Najran ), the Messenger of God called upon Ali, Fatima, Hasan and Hussein and said : God, these are the members of my family.
Sahih Muslim Volume 15 page 176
One day when the Prophet ( S.A.W. ) came out and joined his companions his face was beaming with joy. Abd al Rahman ibn Awf inquired as to the cause of his ( S.A.W. ) joy and the Prophet
( S.A.W. ) said :
I have received good tidings from my Lord about my brother and the son of my uncle, that Allah has given my daughter Fatima, Peace be Upon Her and her progeny, in marriage to Ali.
Sawaiq Al Muhriqah page 103
The Prophet ( saw ) said :
O Fatima ! Are you not pleased with this, that Allah, the Mighty and Glorious, cast a glance on the dwellers of the earth and selected from them two men, one of them your father and the other your husband ?
Mustadrak Al Hakim Volume 3 page 129
Kanz al Ummal Volume 6 page 153
Musnad of Imam Ahmed Volume 5 page 39
Sharh al Nahj al Balagah Volume 2 page 451
Ibn Abu Hatam has recorded a report from Anas, who says that Umar and Abu Bakr came to the Prophet ( S.A.W.) and each of them requested to give him the hand of Fatima ( A.S. ). But the Prophet ( S.A.W. ) kept silent and gave no answer. Then both of them went to Ali ( A.S. ) and told him that they had asked for the hand of Fatima ( A.S. ), but the Prophet ( S.A.W. ) gave no answer. They requested Ali ( A.S. ) to ask for the hand of Fatima ( A.S. ).
Many eminent traditionists have copied this report from Ibn Hatam. Ibn Hajar Asqalani has recorded in the opening part of Chapter 11 of Sawaiq al Muhriqah.
Kanz al Ummal Volume 6 page 153
Musnad of Imam Ahmed Volume 5 page 31
The Prophet ( S.A.W. ) gave Abu Bakr some money and asked him to accompany Salman and Bilal to buy some house hold necessities for Fatimas house. The Prophet said to Abu Bakr :
Buy some appropriate household necessities for my daughter with this money.
Abu Bakr said :
He ( saw ) gave me sixty three ( 63 ) dirhams, so we went to the market and bought the following
a leather mat
a Khaibairion cloak
jugs and jars for water
a thin curtain made of wool
a veil costing 4 ( foour ) dirhams
a bed embellished with ribbon
a mat from Hajar
a special copper container used for dye stuff
a water skin
Salutations to Hazrat Fatima Zahra (A.S.)
Peace be upon you, Oh daughter of the Messenger of Allah !
Peace be upon you, Oh daughter of the possessor of outstanding merit
above all Prophets and messengers and angels !
Peace be upon you, Oh Leader of the Women of the Worlds.
Peace be upon you, Oh Wife of the Vicegrent of Allah !
Peace be upon you, Oh mother of Hassan and Hussein, the Leaders of the Youth of Paradise !
Peace be upon you, Oh most truthful and martyr.
Peace be upon you, who was pleased to resign to the will of Allah and Allah was pleased with you.
Peace be upon you, Oh possessor of outstanding merit of above others,and the pure.
Peace be upon you, who is holy and guarded herself against sins !
Peace be upon you, who is knowledgeable and an authority on traditions of the Prophet.
Peace be upon you, who was subjected to anger and oppression.
Peace be upon you, Oh Fatima, daughter of the Messenger of Allah, and May Allah have mercy on you and bless you.
The Value of Fatima (AS)
Imam Al Hassan Ibn Ali Al Askari reported that his father quoted Jabir Ibn Abdullah as saying : ' The Messenger of Allah, Peace be Upon him and his cleansed progeny, said : ' When Allah created Adam and Eve, they strutted through paradise and said : ' Who are better than we ? ' At that moment they noticed an image of a girl like they had never seen before; from this girl came an illuminating light so bright that it almost blinded the eyes.
They said : ' O Lord, what is this ? '
He answered : ' This is the Image of Fatima ( A.S.), the mistress of your women descendants. '
Lisan Al Mizan Volume 3 page 346
Ibn Abbas said : ' Aisha entered the house while the Messenegr of Allah was kissing Fatima ( A.S. ), so she said : ' Do you love her, O Messenger of Allah ? '
He replied : ' Indeed, by Allah if you knew the extent of my love for her, your love would increase for her. When I was in the forth heaven ... that I found these dates softer than butter, more pleasent than musk and sweeter than honey. So when I descended to earth, I came unto Khadija and she bore Fatima. Thus Fatima is a human huri, whenever I long for paradise I smell her.
Tareekhe Baghdad Volume 5 page 87 ( Al Khateeb Al Baghdadi )
Mizan Al Itidal page 63 ( Muhammad Ibn Ahmed Al Demashqain )
Al Mizan Volume 5 page 160 ( Asqalani )
Dhakhear al Uqbi page 43 ( Tabari )
Sayings of the Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) about Hadrat Fatima Zahra (A.S.) and the Response of Ummah
Now we will discuss about Hazrat Fatima Zahra(A.S.) in the light of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) sayings and will see how the ummah in general regarded the wish of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.).
Hazrat Zahra (A.S.) was the central figure of the Ahllal Bayt. If after the Holy Prophet her status and respect would have been preserved and regarded by the ummah then no trouble would have come upon the holy progeny of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) . Now just we look at the sayings of the Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) :-
1. Ref:- Zakhair ul Oqba and Neyabe ul Mowadatt.
Narrated by Hazrat Ali (A.S.) "Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) said Ya Fatima God gets angry with your anger and God pleasures with your pleasure " ( And it is very clear that Hazrat Zahra(A.S.) was very angry with some of the people among the ummah )
2. Ref. Tareekh Abul Fawada Pt.1 P-375
After the death of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) people left the body of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) and gathered in Saqifa Bani Saada. Only Hazrat Ali ( A.S.) with very few people were left to attend the final rites of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) and when the people returned from Saqifa the Holy body of Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) was buried. Instead of showing any sympathy or grief on this great sorrowful event the people started gathering with great anger on the door of Hazrat Zahra(A.S.) and their main aim was to get Bayat from Hazrat Ali (A.S.)
3. Ref. Tareekh Tibri , Al Imamat wal Seyasat Pt.1 P-12.
Omer with other people came to the door of Hazrat Zahra(A.S.) with fire and shouted that every one in the house must come out otherwise I will burn this house ( Be reminded that it was the same house on which Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) used to come for salam , Reference is already quoted ) Hazrat Zahra ( A.S.) herself came to the door and said Ya Ibn-e- khttaab you want to burn the house though there are Ali and Hasnain inside the house, he replied let them be .
4. Ref. Roza Al Manazer Berhashia Kamil P-113.
The door of Hazrat Zahra (A.S.) was put on fire, when Syeda Zahra (A.S.) came to the door, the burning door was dropped on her and with the result she was badly injured . Allama Moheen while commenting on the event wrote in his book Al-Mallel wal Nahal Shrestani ( P-20) that later the death of Hazrat Zahra (A.S.) was caused due to the injury of burning door which was dropped on her.
5. Ref. Maaraj-n- Nabuwat Chpt. 3 P-42 , Tareekh Yaqoobi Pt.2 P-116.
The people got inside the house of Hazret Zahra by shouting and destroying every thing, on this Hazrat Zahra came out and said go away from my house otherwise I will pray against you to the God.
6. Ref. Al-Imammat wal Seyasat Pt. 1, P-141.
Later on the Shaikhain came to the door of Hazrat Zahra(A.S.) and admitted that we have made you angry and wanted to get excused but Hazrat Zahra(A.S.) turned her face away by saying that till to the last breath I will keep praying against you to the God, on this both went back .
7. Ref. Admice of Shamsul Ullama Nazir Ahmed Dahlavi with reference to these books.Estiahab Pt-2 P-772 , Alkari Pt. 12 P-18 , Roza tul Ahbab Pt. 1 P- 434, Azala tul Khafa Pt.2 P-52
Hazrat Fatima Zahra(A.S.) Stopped talking to Abubakar and Umar and at the time of her death she advised that both of them are not to be allowed to come to her Janaza prayer and my body should be buried in the darkness of night.
8. Ref. From Row-e-Sadiqa ( Dupty Nazir Ahmed )
It is very sorrowful to say that after the death of Holy of Islam(S.A.W.) the Ahlul Bayt came across very sad events and their status and respect was dropped down till the condition reached to the happening of Karbala the quite unique event of its nature.
9. As per Hafiz Mohammad bin Ali Shre Ashowb only the following people were in the Janaza Prayer of Hazrat Zahra :-
1. Hazrat Ali, 2. Hazrat Hassan 3. Hazrat Hussain, 4. Hazrat Aqueel, 5. Hazrat Sulaman .... 6. Hazrat Miqdad , 7. Hazrat Ammar Yasar, 8. Hazrat Bureda, 9. Hazrat Abbas, 10. Hazra ......... Fazal, . 11.Hazrat Hazeefa, 12. Hazrat Abu Zar.
10. Ref. Nayabe ul Mowadat P-417
From Anas , the Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) said that there are four women who are of highest status in the whole universe. They are Mariam Bint-e- Imran, Assia Bint-e- Mazahem , Khadeja Bint-e- Khulid and Fatima Bint-e-Mohemmad (A.S.)
11 Brief Comments on Fadak.
· Here we are not discussing Fadak in detail because it itself is needs a complete article, but just to point out the situation prevailing after the death of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) . To see that the people who are considered to be the most faithful to the Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) in fact were having enmity with Hazrat Zahra ( by keeping in view that as per saying of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) the enemy of Hazrat Zahra(A.S.) was the enemy of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) himself but how a strange it is that enemy of Hazrat Zahra (A.S.) is considered to be the most faithful friend of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) , How the people joined two impossibilities together )
· Just after the death of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) the Fadak which was given to her by the Holy prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) was taken back from her by force by the Khalifa and when Hazrat Zahra(A.S.) forwarded her claim of Fadak to the governing authority it was turned down by taking the support of one self made hadith which was opposite to the teaching of Holy Quran.
· According to Ayah-e- Mubahela she was the central figure of Sadaqeen , as per Ayah Tatheer she was among those whose Taharat was granted by God. According to the teaching and a lot of repeated sayings of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) she was very close rather a part of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) , but the powerful governing body rejected her claim by considering her to be the wrong , false , unaware of Islamic teaching etc.
· In this regard her evidences (Ali and Hasnain ) were also rejected. Please note that these people according to Quranic standard were Sadayqeen if they were now false in their witness then , Is the Quranic standard not challenged ?
· Mullana Sadduruden Hanafi in his book " Rawaaha al-Mutafa " P-96 (urdu) comments that after the death of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) many abnormal events happened , for example Burning of the main door of the house of Hazrat Zahra(A.S.) by Umar, Falling of burning door on Hazrat Zahra(A.S.), Gathering of crowed and shouting on the door of Hazrat Zahra(A.S.), And saying of Hazrat Zahra(A.S.) that these people (those who highly made her angry) should not be permitted to take part in my Janaza prayer, these all events show that the daughter of Holy Prophetof Islam(S.A.W.) left this world in a very gloomy state.
· On the grave of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) Hazrat Zahra(A.S.) said . " Oh! my father , after you I faced such a terrible troubles that if they were to be faced by shining days they would have turned into dark nights. "
· ( Being a muslim just think that Hazrat Zahra(A.S.) after the death of Holy Prophetof Islam(S.A.W.) remained only 70 or 90 days in this world but even in such a shot time she was subjected to countless and terrible troubles after all who were be the responsible for this ? )
· Shah Abdul Haq Dahlvi in his book " Sarha -e- Meshkat Pt.3 P-453 says that among all disputes the Fadak is the most difficult one because it can not be justified in any way.
· Now at the end of this sub topic we will not comment much but leave it to the conscious of every Muslim, he himself should justify that tomorrow how he is going to face the Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) !. Did he regarded the saying of Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.) in respect of Ahlul Bait and specially about Hazrat Zahra(A.S.) ? How the enemy of Hazrat Zahra (A.S.) ( in fact the enemy of Holy Prophetof Islam(S.A.W.) ) became the most respectable figures of the Muslims world?