The Acts, Which Make People Poor and Destitute
According to the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) the following acts suck out, empty and drain even very large means of sustenance and make man poor and destitute.
1) Urinating while standing
2) Sweeping during the night
3) Praying in haste and hurry
4) Performing wuzu in a latrine
5) Wiping face with sleeves or skirt
6) Burning the peels of garlic or onion
7) To hold in contempt or turn the back upon the means of sustenance.
8) Sitting near graves without reason for long periods.
9) Passing through flocks of sheep and other cattle.
10) Cutting nail by the teeth
11) Reveling in greed and avarice
12) Ignoring beggars
13) Not removing spider-webs in the house
14) Eating in the state of (junub) ceremonial impurity
15) Keeping dirt and filth in the house.
16) Swearing false oath
17) Sleeping immediately after sunset and before sunrise
18) Keeping water flowing without reason during the night.
19) Having estranged relations with the relative.
According to the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) recitation of istighfar (ASTAGHFIRULLAAHI WA ATOOBI ILAYEE) 100 times before going to bed, removes poverty.
According to Imam Jafar Sadiq (A.S.) whoever recites surah al Maa-o'on 41 times (100 salat) does not suffer poverty and his children also.
According to Imam Jafar Sadiq (A.S.) recitation of surah al Qadr 360 times regularly is a very likely safeguard against the assault by poverty.