The Manners of Sitting in the Masjid
Imam Ja’fer As-Sadiq (A.S.)
1. When entering the masjid, enter with your right foot and recite - Allahumma aftah alayna abwaaba rahmatik (O Allah! Open for us the doors of mercy)
2. Sit starting at the front
3. Do not take up too much space -
4. Move when someone else comes as a sign of respect
5. Look at the face of the speaker when he/she is reciting and listen attentively.
6. Maintain silence even though you may not comprehend all the speaker is saying.
7. Never raise your voice above that of the speaker.
8. He/she has done ehsaan - protect him/her and talk good of him/her